Join Emily Beard RYT-200 and Savannah Barnett RYT-200 for a 3-week Yoga 101 Workshop Series. Each 1-hour class will cover breath work, a variety of foundational yoga poses, and a mini-flow that ties it all together! This series will be presented in workshop-style allowing for a more in-depth understanding of each pose, as well as time for questions from attendees. You’ll leave feeling more confident and knowledgable in your practice!
Saturday, June 15th, June 22nd, and June 29th
2:30pm - 3:30pm
Your kiddo will love this fun class that we are adding to our schedule!
This is a 4-week series for ages 8-12 starting Wednesday, May 22 at the West End Limber Tree Yoga Studio in Shiloh Commons.
This series is taught by Jessica Sherman and is designed for ages 8-12. Each week is a progressive class beginning with the foundations of Aerial (Hammock) Yoga and work up to fun tricks including inversions.
Date: Mondays July 1-22
Time: 11-11:45 am
Location: LimberTree Yoga Studio-West End
Baby & Me Yoga is a gentle, healthy, playful and relaxing activity that allows parents to exercise, stretch and bond with their new baby. Great for moms or dads, this class will focus on interactive yoga postures, relaxing breathing exercises and intimate bonding time with your baby. It will also include elements of infant massage and various exercises that encourage your infant's emotional and physical development. This class is ideal for babies about 6 weeks to 6 months.
~Exercise releases endorphins (hormones which encourage love and happiness)
~Gentle yoga stretches help relieve neck, shoulder & back pain common to new moms
~Encourages bonding with baby for moms or dads
~Promotes relaxation and better sleep
~Learn breathing exercises to help destress
~Can have positive impact on mental health (exercise is known to help with baby blues/ postpartum depression)
~Positive, supportive social environment for new parents
~Physical stimulation aids in development of babies brain and nervous system
~Baby yoga poses and stretches aid in digestion, constipation and help relieve gas
What to bring/wear:
~Please bring baby blanket
~Dress comfortably for gentle movement making sure baby is dressed warm enough (babies will relax more when sufficiently warm).
Calling ALL CrossFit Athletes & Coaches, and Yoga Teachers & Therapists who serve this amazing fire-focused Box-minded community!!!
... with Rishi Eric Infanti, MA2, LMT, ERYT-500, Ayu
Author, CEU Educator, Gifted Therapist, Veterans Advocate
- Author, Mindfulness Coach, Speaker
- Advanced Yoga Teacher, Therapist, & Ayurveda Practitioner
* 3 Hours for Yoga Alliance CEUs for Yoga Teachers
Do you struggle with chronic shoulder, hip or back injuries or nagging pain? Does this pain make you feel stagnated in your CrossFit training? Ignoring chronic pain can jeopardize your physical fitness and quality of life. This workshop will
apply the principles of both Yin & Iyengar Yoga to slowly and mindfully release your old tensions and holding patterns in the back and hips, bringing more freedom to your movement. In the process, you’ll also rediscover the creative energies that drive your CrossFit WOD experience.
Seminar Learning Objectives:
- Relate anatomical vocabulary, muscular-skeletal structures and movement patterns in yoga postures to old tensions and holding patterns in the lower back & hips
- Experiment with yoga asanas that bring more freedom and movement to lower back & hip area, increasing range of motion while rediscovering emotions and creative energies
- Implement safe practice of yoga asanas
- Improve function of the mid-spine, lumbar and sacral region to exhibit increased flexibility, agility, and balance
Course Content Outline:
• Recent to chronic knee or hip injury or inflammation
• Weak, worn, tired, or tight back muscles (will help to repeat the posture a few times rather than holding it)
Not suitable for:
• Acute back pain or herniated disks (unless physician OK)
• Prenatal students (unless physician OK)
Why We Work With the Hips
Benefits of Hip Opening
Yoga Strength Helps Us Serve Others Better
Anatomy of Low Back & Hips
• Ahimsa & Santosha – strengthen our discernment and inner knowledge
Bring Water, a snack, and your WOD journal.
Rishi's books as well as custom esoteric Yoga & Buddha art commissions are available for purchase. Text or email him for details.
Rishi Eric Infanti, MA2, LMT, ERYT-500, Ayu
Author, CEU Educator, Gifted Therapist, Veterans Advocate
* U.S. Marine Corps Veteran
* Author of “Marine in the Mat”, “Breath Becomes Life”, “Yoga for the Martial Way” & “Mindfulness & Yin Yoga”
* Transformational Mindfulness & Marketing Coach for Psychologists & Therapists
* Creator of the Mindfulness Clinical Blueprint Program for Psychologists
* Creator of Ascend: Online Yin Yoga Classes
* CEU educator and trainer for Psychologists, Massage Therapists & Yoga Teachers
* Advanced Yoga Teacher, National Board Certified Massage Therapist, Ayurvedic Practitioner
* Jiu Jitsu Brown Belt, Tactical Fitness Instructor, CrossFit Coach & Seminar Leader
A U.S. Marine Corps Veteran & 7-time Author, he is the author of “Marine in the Mat” & “Breath Becomes Life”, “Yoga & the Martial Way”, & “Mindfulness & Yin Yoga”; and is a Transformational Mindset & Marketing Coach for Psychologists, Therapists, Alternative Healers & Yoga Teachers.
It is Rishi’s passion to help the overall Veterans’ support community bring much needed, relief and healing to Veterans especially those with PTSD. He does this through a multi-tiered “Mindfulness for Veterans Clinical Blueprint Program”. This is built upon a holistic & integrated approach of Mindfulness mental focusing and Yoga Meditation & Movement, which is proven to bring the human Psycho-Physiology & Psycho-Spiritual back to wholeness & oneness. The programs are delivered both live in-person or virtually where modalities are customized for each segment of health professionals, family caregivers and the Veterans themselves.
He is also an Ayurvedic Practitioner and a CEU educator and trainer for Massage Therapists & Yoga Teachers, while offering his own eclectic Certification design for Yin Yoga, Thai Massage, Ayurveda, and a 20/50/200/500 hr Ayurveda Yoga Teacher Training.