In consideration of and as an inducement to my enrollment and payment of fees to become a student and member of Tap In Studios (hereinafter “TIS”), I represent and agree as follows:
(1) I (hereinafter “I” or “applicant”) have been examined by a licensed Physician within the past six months and have been found by such physician to be in good health and full able to perform all Yoga or weight exercises which I am to learn and perform during my enrollment with TIS.
(2) The use of the facilities at TIS naturally involves the risk of injury to me and/or my guest(s), whether I or someone/ something else causes it. As such, I understand and voluntarily accept this risk. I agree that TIS, its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and contractors will not be liable for any injury or damage, including, without limitation, personal, bodily or mental injury, economic loss, or any damage to me resulting from the negligence of TIS, its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and contractors, or anyone using TIS’s facilities. I waive any claims arising from my use of TIS’s facilities whatsoever or from mere presence on the premises of a TIS studio.
(3) I understand and agree that I will receive instruction in Yoga theory and exercise only and that I hold harmless TIS, its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents and contractors for any damage to or theft of personal property on or away from TIS’s premises, or personal injury, including but not limited to bodily injury, disease, disability, death, humiliation, or consequential loss of any kind arising out of my participation in any TIS event or activity.
(4) In the event that I am pregnant, I will not attend a class until I have discussed the potential risks to me or my unborn child / fetus with my obstetrician. I agree that I will follow my obstetrician’s recommendations and on behalf of myself, my heirs, spouse or other interested party hold harmless TIS for any possible injury to myself or my unborn child / fetus.
(5) If I am under 18 years of age, I will disclose my age to TIS and provide my signature and the signature of my parent or legal custodian or guardian at the studio prior to taking class.
(6) Registration fees and Tuition for classes paid hereafter are non-refundable.
(7) If you are practicing in a TIS location that offers reservations, please reserve classes in advance using our website or mobile app. Walk-ins are welcome, however students who have pre-booked or are on the waitlist will have first preference. You can reserve classes online up to the class start time, however, for all classes booked 2 hours or less from the class start time, you will be charged a late cancel/no show if you do not attend the class, which fee may be charged against your credit card on file.
(8) Any dispute arising out of or relating to this Student Application and Hold Harmless Agreement, or the breach thereof, shall be finally resolved by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Commercial Arbitration Rules, and judgment upon the arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction.
(9) Any provision not in conformity with the law of any state or governing body having jurisdiction is hereby severed from this contract and the remaining provisions remain enforceable.