In consideration of and as inducement to your enrolling as a STUDENT of BIKRAM YOA ALLIANCE (East Coast Heat Wave, LLC; East Coast Heat Wave, LLC II), 5416 Eisenhower Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22304, I represent and agree as follows:
1. I am or will be participating in the Yoga Classes, Health Programs and/or Workshops offered by BIKRAM YOGA ALLIANCE during which I will receive information and instruction about yoga and health. These classes entail intensive physical activity (conducted in a heated room - approx. 105 degrees Fahrenheit) and exertion by me. I recognize that such physical activity and exertion may be difficult and strenuous and may cause or aggravate a physical injury or medical condition. I am fully aware of and accept the risks and hazards involved.
2. I understand that it is my responsibility to consult with a physician prior to and regarding my participating in the Yoga Classes, Health Program and/or Workshop, and to receive prior approval to participate. I represent and warrant that I am physically fit and I have no medical condition or injury that would prevent my full participation in the Yoga Classes, Health Programs and/or Workshops.
3. In consideration of being able to participate in Yoga Classes, Health Programs and/or Workshops, I agree to assume all full responsibility for any risks, conditions, injuries or damages, known or unknown, which I might incur or aggravate as a result of my participating in same. I understand that there may be physical adjustments by the teacher from time to time and that it is my responsibility to get the teacher know if I do not want to be touched/adjusted.
4. In further consider of being permitted to participate in the Yoga Classes, Health Programs or Workshops (the “Programs”), I knowingly, voluntarily and expressly waive any claim I may have or acquire against BIKRAM YOGA ALLIANCE, or the landlord or Bikram Choudhury or any premises at which it may operate, for any injury, condition or damages ant I may sustain as a result of entering or being on the premises or participating in the Programs.
5. I, my heirs or legal representatives forever release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue BIKRAM YOGA ALLIANCE, Bikram Choudhury, or the landlord of any premises at which it may operate for any injury, condition, or death which arises, is caused by or is aggravated by reason of my participation in the Programs.
6. I understand that it is my continuing responsibility to inform the instructor(s) at BIKRAM YOGA ALLIANCE of any previous medical conditions, injuries or surgeries prior to my first class and at such other times and I acquire information as to same.
7. The tuition paid herewith and such registration fees paid hereafter are non-refundable and non-transferable, such refunds, if any, as are made shall be entirely within the discretion of BIKRAM YOGA ALLIANCE. Please inform a desk teacher or the owner of any previous conditions, ailments, injuries and/or surgeries prior to attending your first class. If you are pregnant or may be pregnant, it is your responsibility to consult your physician prior to participating in classes.
8. I also state that, except for a monetary refund, I have no claims against BIKRAM YOGA ALLIANCE, or the landlord of the premises or Bikram Choudhury, by reason of their refusals to allow me to participate in the Programs.
I have read the above Release and Waiver of Liability and fully understand its contents. I voluntarily agree to the terms and conditions stated above. In addition to checking the box below, I am also aware that I will be presented with a hard copy of this waiver to physically sign upon registering at the studio in person.