You herein are referred to as “The Student” and hereby agree to the following:
- The Student participating in yoga classes, health programs, workshops, private lessons and other exercise and healing arts activities (collectively, the “Activities”) offered by Jennifer Vafakos Yoga, LLC dba Inlet Yoga at 233 Main Street, Manasquan, NJ 08736 (“Studio”) and/or its owners, instructors, teachers, workshop presenters, employees, and independent contractors.
- The Student recognizes that The Student must be in good physical and mental health to participate in the Activities. and understand that the Activities require physical exertion and The Student represents and warrants that The Student is physically fit and has no medical condition which would prevent The Students full participation in the Activities. The Student understands that it is their responsibility to consult with a physician prior to and regarding the participation in the Activities, if The Student has consulted a physician, and has taken the physician’s advice. The Student understands that the Studio reserves the right in its absolute discretion to refuse my participation in an Activity on medical or fitness grounds.
- The Student assures Studio they are in proper physical condition to participate in the Activities and is aware that participation could, in some circumstances, result in abnormal blood pressure, fainting, heartbeat disorders, physical injury, potentially a heart attack. The Student also understands that The Student could experience muscle, back, bone or other physical injuries during class and/or exercise. The Student agrees that they understand their physical limitations and am sufficiently self-aware to stop the physical activity before they become ill or injured. The Student understands that it is their continuing responsibility to inform the Studio of any previous medical conditions, injuries or surgeries prior to my first class and any future changes to my medical condition, without exception.
- In consideration of being permitted to participate in the Activities, The Student agrees to assume full responsibility for any and all risks, injuries or damages, known or unknown, which The Student might incur as a result of participating in the Activities at the Studio or at an offsite location where the Activities may be taking place.
- In further consideration of being permitted to participate in the Activities, The Student knowingly, voluntarily and expressly waive any “Claims” (as defined below) that The Student may have against the Studio, its owners, members, employees, contractors, and/or its instructors, teachers, employees, volunteer staff, interns, and/or independent contractors and the landlord of the Studio (each, a “Released Party”) for any Claim that The Student may sustain as a result of participating in the Activities at the Studio even if the Claim arises from the carelessness or negligence of any Released Party or anyone else. The Student agrees to indemnify and hold harmless each Released Party from any loss or liability incurred in defending any Claim made by me or anyone making a Claim on The Student’s behalf, even if the Claim is alleged to or did result from the carelessness or negligence of any Released Party or anyone else. “Claims” include but are not limited to any and all liabilities, claims, demands, expenses, fees, legal actions, rights of actions for damages, personal injury, mental suffering, and distress, or death that The Student may suffer, their children may suffer or that my unborn child may suffer (including any legal fees or expenses) in connection with participation in any Activity.
- The Student, their heirs or legal representatives forever release, waive, discharge and covenant not to engage in any legal action or sue any Released Party for any Claim caused by any negligence or other acts of a Released Party.
- The Student hereby understands that the Studio from time to time may photograph, video or live stream on social media, classes, workshops, training, or other events occurring at its studios and place such photographs and videos on its Website, associated social media accounts, and any related advertising. The Student hereby consents to the use of my image that may appear in any such photograph or video.
- The Student hereby opts into Studio’s email list, and The Student may receive periodic newsletters, announcements, updates, and additional information via my personal and/or work-related email address. The Student also understands they may unsubscribe at any time using the “unsubscribe” link on the received emails.
- This agreement shall be construed in accordance with, and governed by, the laws of the State of New Jersey.
The Student acknowledges that they have carefully read this release and waiver of liability and fully understand its contents. The Student voluntarily and knowingly agrees to the terms and conditions stated herein. The Student is aware that by signing this release and waiver of liability, The Student is giving up substantial rights, including the right to sue and certain legal rights their heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns may have against any Released Party.